From the first concept until end of production
From the first concept study to the finished die
Our 3d die design is based on customer specifications as well as on proven Schaufler Tooling standards. Our ressources:
- 15 experienced engineers for design and 3D modelling
- Interfaces: VDA, IGES and STEP. Data exchange goes via high-speed internet (ftp-server, Dropbox or your platform
- CAD systems: CATIA V5, Siemens NX and Creo (ProEngineer)
The entire process chain at a glance
We have many years of process know-how ranging from the development of parts to the final machining of actual die-cast parts. The knowledge and understanding behind each of the individual phases of the development process flows into every other working step in the creation of a die-casting die.
We are happy to advise you in product development
- Wall thickness analysis of the casting,
- Illustration and elaboration of possible optimization potential in respect to the given casting requirement
- Demoldability (ensurance of required draft & fillets),
- Consideration of the parting line (including any possible slide parting lines)
- Trim-press requirements with respect to parting line
- Consideration of punched ribs, flow aids, ejector locations,
- Avoidance of bad tool steel conditions
Simulation & FEM – Many years of know-how and state-of the art tools
Fill, Solidification and Cycle simulation
Evermore complex part geometries and advancing requirements continue to have increasing influence on die design. With state-of-the-art Tools and over 20 years of experience, we carry out filling, solidification and cycle simulations on request; such simulations enable the establishment of casting-optimized geometries during the development phase of a part.
In order to perform such simulations we employ:
- 2 experienced simulation technicians
- Flow3D as simulation and calculation software
- Determination of the most cost-effective variation through efficient use of materials
- Development of the most optimal runner and venting concept in relation to the individual customer’s casting process,
- Achieving the best possible part quality and customer satisfation.
Optionally, we examine the strength of particularly stressed die components such as holder-blocks and the locking surfaces of highly loaded slides during the design process.
- Avoiding deflection in critical areas of the die,
- Determination of the expected die temperature and its influence on the deformation of the die
- Determination of the force on each implemented slide and design of effective slide locking surfaces.
Maintenance & Repair
Fast response time and flexible service
Due to the increasing demand for castings in ever shorter periods of time, tool maintenance often demands speed and flexibility in conjunction with high quality. Our service offer therefore includes
- Fast response service directly at the customer’s site,
- Fast response tool maintenance and repairs in our tool shop,
- Preventive and planned tool maintenance,
- Customer service and assistance in finding the correct solution to a given problem
- Introducing changes or optimizations from a design to an already completed die
- Helping our customers maintain problem-free mass production
- Production stability and thus cost reduction for our customers
- Maximum utilization of tool life
Spare parts management through series production
In order to keep the series production and the required casting qualities stable, spare parts management is becoming more and more important.
Among other things, we offer:
• Ready-to-install and measured turned core-pins with and without milling contours,
• Ready-to-install and measured jet-cooled core-pins and sub-inserts,
• Ready-to-install and measured contour-inserts,
• Ready-to-install and measured main inserts and slide-heads,
• As required, coatings according to specific customer requirements of all components
• Catalog and Standard parts such as ejectors, sleeves, jet cooling units etc.
Sampling & Inspection Report
In order to ensure the dimensional accuracy of the tools before delivery to our customers, we have the capacity and the know-how to carry out tool samples independently or together with our customer.
For this we are available:
- Several long-term partnerships with access to die-casting machines ranging from 1,200 – 4,200 tons clamping force
- Sampling aluminum and magnesium castings
- Wide range of aluminum and magnesium alloys according to customer requirements
- Access to X-ray equipment, crack detection options, spectral analyzes, etc.
Upon customer request, we can produce initial sample test reports in-house with full documentation.
In order to perform such inspections, we employ:
- 3 qualified measuring technicians in 2 separate shifts
- Zeiss Prismo for precise, tactile measurement (CMM)
- Three optical measuring systems from GOM (2x Atos scanner, 1x Tritop )
- Temperature-controlled room
- Preparation of test reports according to VDA 2
From casting to finished part
Not only initial casting for the purposes of measurement, but also the prototype parts can be delivered upon customer request.
Among other services, we can offer:
• Castings, if requested, as many as several hundred prototype parts for testing, both with or without customer assistance
• Measuring and test reporting,
• Mechanical machining according to customer’s drawings.